PPC Ltd was established in 1892 as De Eerste Cement Fabrieken Beperkt. Our history is closely linked to the growth and development of South Africa & has produced cement for many of the country's most famous landmarks and construction projects.
The beginning of PPC
The Eerste Cement Fabrieken Beperkt changes its name to The First Portland Cement Factory Limited.
The Northern Lime Company later t become PPC Lime, commences operations in what was then the Northern Transvaal.
The First Portland Cement Factory changes its name to the Pretoria Portland Cement Company Limited and declares its first dividend – and the company has never failed to declare a dividend since then.
Eighteen years after its inception, PPC is listed on the JSE.
PPC’s new Slurry factory in the North West province produces its first cement.